Wednesday, September 5, 2012

I sit here pondering life on my eighth month anniversary of achieving one of my life's dreams. Flying has been wonderful! I have met some interesting people and been to places I haven't before. Two more moves under my belt which brings the count to about an average of 1.3 times a year in my lifetime.It has been bittersweet along the way. Personal things are stagnant and moving at the same time. I am really challenging my faith in God. Our personal relationship is rocky. It is just that though, personal. I've had some health issues. One tumor removed and another to be done soon, provided it is not too close to my spine. I can't wait to get back to my running again. The physical therapy isn't going as well as hoped. My advantage of being flexible was awesome as a gymnast, but not so much when they have to revamp your PT. Seeking more holistic approach than my previous holistic approach. You totally understood that right?  Still having fun using cooking therapy to cope with stress. It is harder in this tiny apartment kitchen.The farmer's markets here are fabulous! Gained some friends and lost some too. For the first time in a long time, I look forward to my birthday this year. I'm spending it alone in NYC. My schedule, my food choices, my day, my life. As my patriots grow older, the mother relationship has grown stronger. I know I'm setting a good example for them. I'm equipping them to be happy and successful in their lives. My five year plan is quickly being scaled down to realistically 2-3. I'm more than fine with that. I'm reading more non-fiction. That's right, non-fiction that isn't cookbook or travel books. I'm happy with my life and know that I'm moving in the right direction. Even if friends and other family members don't "get it" who gives a flying flip. I do and I'm owning it. I understand that I change my life map. Sure things don't always happen as we plan, but I will no longer feel coerced into decisions. I am not someone's property. I am my own person. I am a unique nerd. I have a lot to offer this world, no matter how large or small I choose to make it.

1 comment:

  1. :) I love the more holistic than my previous holistic approach, concept. You know I totally understood that. Having my own personal PT history - I can whole-heartedly recommend PT that is "hands on" therapy based. It has made a HUGE DIFFERENCE, for both Rick and I. Infact I am finally ready to graduate with a quality of life I have not had since the accident up until I started PT in Dec. PM if you want more info. Love Ya Gal - Go get'em

    ReplyDelete